Student Update: Coronavirus
March 12, 2020
Subject: Coronavirus Update for CCC Students - March 12, 2020
From: Dr. Matt Gotschall, College President
Dear CCC Students,
While we continue to provide essential learning opportunities in our service area, we are following some precautionary measures after consultation with health department, state government and university experts.
At this time:
- Residence halls, dining facilities and all offices will remain open at this time with Spring Break still scheduled to begin March 21-March 29.
- Classes: Faculty teaching face-to-face lecture courses at our campuses or learning centers will be working on remote delivery options beginning March 30 through the end of the spring semester. IP and online courses will continue as scheduled through the rest of the semester.
- Labs, practicums, internships and clinicals: These will continue as planned through the semester unless prohibited due to local, regional or state declarations.
- On-campus or college-sponsored events planned through May 15 that are expected to draw attendances larger than 25 people need will be reviewed for potential cancelation.
- Travel: College-sponsored domestic and international travel are suspended through the end of the semester on May 15 unless approved by the division vice president or college president. Nebraska travel is still allowed pending any changes in regional restrictions.
- Planning for summer and fall courses and activities will continue as planned.
- Please continue to reach out to your faculty advisors or college staff for support as needed.
I appreciate your continued alertness and engagement as our area, country and world continue to learn and adapt to the effects of this outbreak. Please continue to practice proactive steps to keep yourself and others healthy.