Student Success Letter to Students
September 11, 2020
Dear CCC Students,
Congratulations on completing one-fourth of your fall semester. As we progress into the fifth week of the term, I want to remind you of some important resources that will support your academic and personal success:
Academic Success Centers
The academic success centers offer free tutoring (virtual and in-person), assistance with writing projects, free computer access and a quiet place for you to study or receive academic help. Our academic success directors can be reached in person, or by phone or email at:
- Columbus - Krynn Larsen: 402-562-1422, email
- Grand Island – Ron Christensen: 308-398-7475, email
- Hastings – Lydia Lough: 402-461-2573, email
We want to ensure that all CCC students have opportunities to recharge, meet other students, and develop leadership skills, by joining a CCC student organization. Even during these interesting times with the pandemic, each student activities staff has an array of enjoyable activities and opportunities lined up and welcome new ideas from students. You can learn about clubs and organizations by going here then clicking on the button to request more information about clubs on each campus.
Check out the student activities schedules here or connect with the staff by phone or email in each student activities office:
- Columbus – Heidi Acton: 402-562-1209, email
- Grand Island – Nick Freelend: 308-398-7417, email
- Hastings – Andrea Hays: 402-461-2468, email
Finally, we want to ensure that we can offer the support and assistance you need if you were to become ill or be exposed to COVID-19. Here are a few reminders about how we can work together to ensure our campuses/centers are as safe as possible for all students and staff.
Keep wearing your face coverings when inside any of CCC’s campus buildings or center spaces owned or leased by CCC. Thank you for your continued cooperation with this as it is a critical piece of helping to mitigate any potential spread.
Promptly report any of the following concerns to the associate dean of students or the dean of student success if:
- You are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have been tested because you are believed to have been exposed.
- You have tested positive for the virus.
Phone numbers and email addresses:
- Columbus - Dr. Beverly Lahlum Taylor: 402-562-1405, email
- Grand Island - Michelle Lubken: 308-398-7541, email
- Hastings - Sean Griffin: 402-461-2185, email
- Dean of Student Success - Dr. Beth Przymus: 402-562-1284, email
Be sure to also contact your local health department for their specific guidance if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
- East Central District Health Department (Columbus Campus): 402-563-9224, website
- Central District Health Department (Grand Island Campus): 308-385-5175, website
- South Heartland District Health Department (Hastings Campus): 402-462-6211, website
- Two Rivers Public Health Department (Holdrege, Lexington and Holdrege Centers): 888-669-7154, website
- Loup Basin Public Health Department (Ord Center): 308-346-5795, website
Finally, remember to reach out if you need any assistance or academic support. The student success staff is ready to help with any concerns you may have. We are here for you and wish you continued success in your academics and in pursuit of your goals.
Elizabeth Przymus, Ph.D.
Dean of Student Success