Raiders Prepare for Return of Spectators
February 10, 2021
Central Community College athletics has unveiled plans for allowing spectators at its indoor sporting events. Following directed local health measures, both local and state, and for the safety of coaches and players, CCC athletic events have been closed to spectators from January through mid-February.
Here are the guidelines that will be followed from Feb. 15 through April 3:
- Raider athletics will continue to follow the Raider Return-to-Play guidelines as well as college, local and state guidelines.
- The CCC athletic department will communicate competition protocols with visiting teams one week prior to a scheduled contest.
- At this time, spectators are allowed to attend CCC home games, but the number of spectators cannot exceed 50 percent of the allowed capacity of the Raider Fieldhouse.
- All spectators at indoor competitions will wear a face covering. Failure to comply will be grounds for removal from the facility.
- No seating is allowed in the bottom two rows to avoid crowd-athlete interactions during play. It is recommended that spectators allow for six feet of social distancing. The following seating assignments will be observed:
- CCC spectators will sit in the west bleachers.
- CCC students will sit in the northwest section of the west bleachers.
- Visiting spectators will sit in the east and southeast sections of the east bleachers.
- For double headers, the visiting team will sit in the third and fourth rows of the southeast bleachers.
- Seating will be adjusted and communicated as needed.
- All spectators are to leave promptly after the conclusion of the contest. There will be no waiting for teams to come out of the locker rooms.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available for use.
- Concessions for purchase are limited to bottled drinks and packaged candy. Outside food or drinks are not permitted.
- The Raider Cheer and Dance team will perform with face coverings.
- For those unable to attend, all athletic events at the Raider Fieldhouse will be live streamed.
Please note that the decision to allow spectators may change at any time during the season.