Welcome to Central Online
Why Take Classes Through Central Online?
Central Online is a large part of Central Community College’s Virtual Campus. It refers to courses where work is completed either partially or wholly online with the assistance of an instructor.
What are the advantages? Is it right for me? Let’s take a look at these questions through five key points:
- Save gas and time:
The convenience of working on your schedule in front of your computer is obvious to many online learners. Busy parents can bypass the babysitter. Full-time and part-time jobs can be worked around. It’s learning while living your hectic life.
- Win the game of concentration:
Flexibility in scheduling isn’t just confined to what hours on the clock you’ll take online classes or earn an online degree. Many students are better engaged in their course work because they can log on when they are ready, not when a class schedule says it’s time to get to work.
- Experience a full-service operation:
A wide array of online classes, degrees and certificates is available. So whether you’re planning on filling the blanks in a resume or building a new one, you’ll be prepared.
- The latest technology at your fingertips:
Depending on the class and instructor, online classes can include a wide array of teaching tools. The learning management system Canvas is the core software used at CCC. It includes an area to upload assignments, take quizzes, engage in discussions with classmates, check grades, chat and watch videos.
- It’s class without the class:
Completing an online course or earning an online degree isn’t an open-ended proposition. There are due dates, just like with a classroom experience. The quality of teaching is equal to face-to-face instruction. Faculty are as helpful, reachable, dedicated and involved. All that’s missing is the chalk dust.
An online education is preferred by individuals who may not be able to make it for classes in a traditional brick-and-mortar kind of college due to various reasons. Online courses utilize the internet, making it convenient for you to complete assignments and interact with your instructors and classmates from any location using a computer and internet connection. There are courses on math, computers, statistics, writing, history, management and much more.
Central Community College has been offering online courses through the Virtual Campus for over 20 years. We offer three degrees with 22 program specialties and over 260 courses online through the Virtual Campus.
Associate of Applied Science
- Business Administration AAS Degree
- Accounting Specialization
- Criminal Justice AAS Degree
- Early Childhood Education AAS Degree
- Environmental Health & Safety AAS Degree
- Health Information Technology AAS Degree
- Information Technology and Systems Degree - Developer
- Information Technology and Systems Degree - Networking
- Information Technology and Systems Degree - Technical Support
- Quality Technology AAS Degree
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate of Science Degree
- Accounting Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- Business Technology Diploma
- Criminal Justice Diploma
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Early Childhood Home Visitor Diploma
- Environmental Health & Safety Diploma
- Administrative Medical Office Diploma
- Medical Coding Diploma
- Reimbursement Specialist Diploma
- Information Technology and Systems Diploma
- Quality Technology Diploma
- Bookkeeping Certificate
- Business Administration Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Logistics Certificate
- Supervisory Management Certificate
- Business Software Certificate
- Business Technology Certificate
- Social Media Specialist Certificate
- Corrections Certificate
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Police Certificate
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Certificate
- Environmental Health & Safety Generalist Certificate
- Data Management Certificate
- Health Informatics Certificate
- Health Information Clerk Certificate
- Revenue Cycle Management Certificate
- Cisco Networking Certificate
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Information Technology and Systems Concepts Certificate
- Library & Information Services Certificate
- Administrative Medical Office Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Certificate
- Quality Auditor Certificate
- Quality Calibration Certificate
- Quality Inspection Certificate
There are several options for you to choose from when registering for a virtual campus course.
- In Person at Any Campus Or Center
- By Phone 308-398-7412 (CCC assistant registrar)
- By WebCentral (My Services > Services for Students > Search for Classes/Register)
- By an Advisor (if applicable)
Individual courses are also offered online. To see if a class is available online, search for the course subject you’re interested in and select “online” as the instruction type.
CCC's virtual campus technicians hold several workshops at the beginning of each semester. These will assist students with the use of Central Online. The workshops are held at various times as online webinars. Workshops do not require registration.
A self-paced Canvas training workshop course is available through “WebCentral > My Courses” throughout the semester. This course is equipped with videos, documents and lessons to familiarize students with CCC’s learning management system (Canvas).
Students who live outside Nebraska may take classes through Central Community College Online if they live in a state identified as a S.A.R.A (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) Partner State.
Please check the Map of Partner States to confirm your eligibility.