CCC-Hastings Students Place at SkillsUSA Competition
April 27, 2019
Students from the SkillsUSA chapter at Central Community College-Hastings placed in state competition April 11-13 at Fonner Park in Grand Island.
SkillsUSA is a national organization that provides secondary and post-secondary students in trade, industrial, technical, technology and health occupations with leadership, citizenship and character development programs and activities.
More than 1,000 secondary and postsecondary students competed in about 75 events at the 2019 Nebraska Leadership Conference, which was sponsored by Nebraska SkillsUSA. First-place winners qualified for the national competition June 24-28 in Louisville, Ky.
Keith Dubas (pictured center) is one of advisors of the SkillsUSA chapter at CCC-Hastings.
CCC-Hastings Individual Winner
- GERING: Dane Jacobs, third place in diesel;
- GRAND ISLAND: Laurel Bain (pictured left), first place in masonry; Axel Cifuentes, third place in CNC turning; and Samantha Ponce-Hernandez, second place in CNC milling;
- HASTINGS: Austin Bamesberger, third place in cabinetmaking;
- KEARNEY: Drew Hardage, third place in culinary arts;
- PEETZ, COLO.: Jesse Buss, second place in CNC turning.
CCC-Hastings Team Winners
Additive Manufacturing, First Place
- ALBION: Mackenzy Nelson;
- OXFORD: Dillon Burns.
Teamworks, First Place
- GIBBON: Pedro Nunez;
- GRAND ISLAND: Keenan Lienemann and Jerrod Punchochar (pictured left);
- KEARNEY: Dakota Franks.
Welding Fabrication, Third Place
- HASTINGS: Joseph Harwick;
- MOOREFIELD: Ryan Klintworth;
- SENECA: Kayden Licking.