Campus Update: Coronavirus
March 12, 2020
Dear Campus Community:
While we continue to provide essential learning opportunities in our service area, we are following some precautionary measures after consultation with health department, state government and university experts.
We are seeking a balance between the safety of students and employees with responsible expectations of the community.
At this time:
- Residence halls, dining facilities and all offices will remain open at this time with Spring Break still scheduled to begin March 21-March 29.
- Classes: Faculty are to report to their associate dean by end of business day, Monday, March 16, on preferred remote delivery options for each of their on-campus/center face-to-face lecture classes to begin March 30 through the end of the spring semester. This may include IP recordings, Vidgrid, Moodle, or WebEx. Division leadership will strive to provide answers for approved alternatives by mid-week. IP and online courses are to continue as planned through the rest of the semester.
- Labs, practicums, internships and clinicals: These will continue as planned through the semester unless prohibited due to local, regional or state declarations. Faculty should be considering alternative plans, if possible, in cases where off-campus sites restrict student access.
- On-campus or college-sponsored events planned through May 15 that are expected to draw attendances larger than 25 people need to be reported to your campus president for cancelation considerations.
- Travel: College-sponsored domestic and international travel are suspended through the end of the semester on May 15 unless approved by the division vice president or college president. Nebraska travel is still allowed pending any changes in regional restrictions.
- Planning for summer and fall courses and activities will continue as planned.
I appreciate your continued alertness and engagement as our area, country and world continue to learn and adapt to the effects of this outbreak. Please continue to practice proactive steps to keep yourself and others healthy.