Admissions & Aid
Gap Assistance Program
What is the Gap Assistance Program?
The Community College Gap Assistance Program offers financial aid to community college students taking credit or non-credit courses that could lead to jobs in high-need fields. These are need based students who would not be eligible for federal financial aid based on their program of study.
For more information and approved Gap programs of study visit Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education.
Are You Eligible?
Gap Assistance program provides financial support for eligible participants. You may receive full or partial assistance with your direct training costs, including tuition, books, required fees, and equipment.
- Gap Tuition Assistance is based on several criteria:
- Financial need
- Nebraska resident
- High school diploma or GED®️
Note: Drug testing may be required as part of the application for pre-employment screening.
To qualify you must meet the income criteria and be eligible to work in the United States. Eligible students must have a family income at or below 250 percent of federal poverty guidelines based on persons in family/household and income using the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation Poverty Guidelines (For the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia).
Gap Programs of Study
Approved Programs of Study are available in a variety of different areas:
- Electrical/Industrial Maintenance (Mechatronics)
- Microsoft Applications
- OSHA Safety
- Forklift Operation
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Nursing Assistant Course
- Medication Aide Course
- Professional Truck Driving Training
- Electrical Technology
- Welding Technology
- General Manufacturing
- Automotive Technology
- Interior Finish Carpentry
- Residential Framing
- Drafting & Design Technology
- Solar Power
- Wind Power
- Environmental Health & Safety Generalist
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Basic Refrigeration
- Quality Inspection
- Manual Welding
Application & Selection Process
- Submit your application and research your program of study choice(s).
- Meet with the Gap specialist to discuss your training request. See contact information below.
- Your eligibility to receive funding will be determined through an evaluation of your application.
For more information contact:
402 562 1280
Grand Island, Kearney and Lexington areas
308 398 7534
402 461 2430