Contacting Accrediting Agencies

Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education

The Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE) serves as an independent voice within the state’s higher education system. The CCPE is a state constitutional agency whose mission is to promote sound policies for Nebraska's state and community colleges and the University of Nebraska. You can call the CCPE at 402-471-2847 or contact a specific staff member.

The Higher Learning Commission

The Higher Learning Commission requires its members to have accrediting processes that foster quality, encourage academic excellence, and improve teaching and learning. It also encourages and supports cooperative relationships among schools, colleges and universities that hold HLC membership. To contact the commission, email, call 800-621-7440 or go to the HLC website.