CCC’s bike share program is available on all three campuses and free to use with your CCC email address. Just download the app on a smart phone and you can start renting bikes for exercise or recreation. All of the bike share stations were upgraded to solar powered locks in 2020, increasing energy savings by eliminating the need for batteries.
As one of the first bike share programs in our communities and at a rural community college, CCC is leading the way for an environmentally sustainable and healthy society. Building safe, healthy and alternative options for transportation benefits our health, wellness and environment – which benefits us all.
This is an important for the region and our communities. With the success of the CCC-Columbus, CCC-Grand Island, and CCC-Hastings bike share programs, we look forward to expanding bike sharing and increasing the number of bikes and stations with potential community and business partners.
Walkable and bicycle-friendly regions create healthier, safer and more equitable communities for our students and for us all. There are a hike and bike trails in Grand Island, Hastings, and Columbus; links are provided below. Funding for the bike share program was provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska and the Second Nature Climate Acceleration Fund.
A total of 14 bikes are available to check out to CCC students and employees for free rental in Grand Island, Hastings, and Columbus. The bikes are located at bike share stations on campus nearly all year with the exception of the harshest winter months.
- Return the bike after your ride.
- Report any needed repairs or maintenance issues (see contact information below, under "Reporting Bike Issues")
- Treat the bikes with respect.
- Be Safe; obey all traffic and bicycle laws and don’t forget a helmet!
- Install the Movatic app on your phone
- Follow the prompts and enter your information to get started.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and location under settings on your device.
- Open the Movatic App and select “nearby” to find your CCC location.
- Click on the pin at your location.
- Press Select a Bike
- Enter the number on the bike you wish to rent and select “Rent Bike”. Be sure to have your phone near the front solar powered lock so the Bluetooth connects. *Bike numbers can be found on the frame just under the seat of the bicycles.
- The lock will beep when it is released. Gently push the bike forward and then pull backward to release the bike from the bike rack.
- NOTE: Inspect bike prior to each ride. Do not ride the bike if it needs service, but please report the issues in the app.
- Be safe and enjoy your ride!
- Roll bike up to rack and secure lock to rack pin.
- The bottom of the screen will indicate you have an activate rental. Press on the Activate circle to see your current rental.
- Press the End Rental button and confirm the bike has been returned to the correct station.
In the Movatic App
- Press the icon in the upper left corner.
- Report a problem.
- Select system: CCC Bike Share.
- Describe the problem and submit.
- Report through the CCC employee helpdesk.
- or call Ben Newton at 308-398-7962.
Enjoy the Columbus, Grand Island, Hastings and Kearney hike-and-bike trails!
The Grand Island bike fixit station is located on the trail between Stuhr Museum and Highway 281, halfway between Hall County Park and CCC-Grand Island. The fixit station includes all the tools necessary to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs. The tools are securely attached to the stand with stainless-steel cables and tamper-proof fasteners. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments. There is also an air pump station with an air pressure gauge should your tires be running a little low on air.
Bicyclist or driver? Bicycle safety is important for us all.
Environmental Sustainability Director