All-College Winter Commencement Checklist
Central Community College will host the all-college winter commencement ceremony on Friday, December 15, 2023, at 2 p.m. on the Columbus Campus in the Raider Fieldhouse, 4500 63rd Street, Columbus, NE. This ceremony honors all CCC students who are earning a diploma or degree in December.
Contact Ronda Ryan for more information
Please read these important dates, and complete the following checklist
- Right away: Please review all material in this checklist and the important graduation information that follows. Some college student groups require additional steps to ensure appropriate recognition during the ceremony.
- By Monday, Nov. 27... Please R.S.V.P. above to confirm if you will or will not attend the 2023 Winter Commencement Ceremony. Your response is required.
- By Thursday, Dec. 14... Purchase your graduation regalia at the Columbus, Grand Island, or Hastings Campus bookstore. The cost for gown (forest green), cap, and tassel is $41 plus tax.
- Friday, Dec. 15... Attend the 2023 winter commencement ceremony. The agenda for the day is as follows:
- All graduates will meet for rehearsal and to form the procession at the Fine Arts Center NO LATER than 12:15 p.m. Check in begins at 12 noon.
- Arrive with your cap, gown and tassel on. Please try to bring only what you will be able to carry in your hand or pockets during the ceremony.
- Doors for the Raider Fieldhouse will open for guests and general audience at 1:15 p.m.
- The commencement ceremony begins in the Raider Fieldhouse at 2 p.m. The ceremony will last approximately one hour, ending around 3 p.m.
- All graduates, family, and friends are invited to a reception immediately following the ceremony.
Other Important Graduation Information
Cap and Gown
Your hunter green cap, tassel, and gown can be purchased through the Follett Bookstore on the Columbus, Grand Island, or Hastings Campus. The cost is $41 plus tax. Additional tassels are $5.25 each plus tax. The cap, gown, and tassel can be picked up at the time of purchase. The bookstores are generally open Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. If you have additional questions, or are unable to pick up your cap, tassel, and gown, please contact Follett Bookstore at:
- Columbus: 402-562-1251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Island: 308-398-7418 or email@example.com
- Hastings: 402-461-2445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: There will be an additional fee to mail your cap, tassel, and gown to you.
For graduation accessibility needs, please contact a director of disability services:
- Columbus: Colynn Paprocki, 402-562-1240 or email@example.com
- Grand Island/Kearney: Kim Ottman, 308-398-7423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hastings: Michelle Lubken, at 402-461-2423 or email@example.com.
Each graduate is mailed five (5) invitations to distribute to your family and friends. Your guests are not required to bring these to the ceremony. If you would like additional invitations, you may contact one of the following and they will happy to provide you with additional invitations:
- Columbus: Jenny Wurdeman, 402-562-1244, Student Center
- Grand Island: Cristina Castillo, 308-398-7378, Room 348
- Hastings: Amber Braun, 402-461-2424, Student Success Center
- Kearney: Lauren Ramirez-Wenburg, 308-338-4001, Front Desk
Friends and family who are unable to physically attend are invited to view the commencement ceremony via live stream on the graduation page on the CCC website.
High Academic Achievement / Honor Graduate
Honor medallions will be awarded during the ceremony to those students earning an AAS, AA or AS degree who have attained a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or above. Eligibility is based on the student’s cumulative GPA after the summer term, prior to the current semester. Students must participate in the commencement ceremony to receive a medallion.
Phi Theta Kappa
Members in good standing may wear Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia with their caps and gowns. Please contact a Phi Theta Kappa advisor right away for more information.
- Columbus: Kim Saum, 402-562-1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Island/Kearney: Ashley Weets, 308-398-7541, email@example.com
- Hastings: Tara Bialas, 402-461-2504, firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Society of Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi)
Graduates who are inducted members of the National Society of Leadership and Success are responsible for ordering their own honors stole and cords. Please be sure to place your order early to allow for delivery. Inducted members have attended and completed the following: orientation, leadership training day, three broadcasts and three success networking team meetings. If you have questions about your membership status, contact one of the advisors.
Veterans and Military Members Honors Cord
A symbol of CCC’s recognition of service to our country, graduating Veterans and current service members are given a red, white, and blue service appreciation honor cord to wear with their graduation regalia. To request an honor cord, complete the form below, email VMRC@cccneb.edu, or call the VMRC at 308-398-7811.
SALUTE Honor Society
Veteran and current service member graduates who are inducted into the SALUTE Honor Society wear the SALUTE honors stole with their graduation regalia. Please email VMRC@cccneb.edu or call the VMRC at 308-398-7811 for more information on becoming a SALUTE member and obtaining the SALUTE honor stole.
If you are a graduating member of the SkillsUSA club, you will be able to wear a SkillsUSA honor stole. Please contact one of the following for more information on how to get your stole:
- Columbus: Landon Hunt, 402-562-1248, email@example.com
- Hastings: Reba Skalka, 402-461-2481, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iris Photography Studio will be photographing each graduate as they walk across the stage during the upcoming graduation ceremony. You will have the choice to purchase these photos from Iris Photography through online digital downloads or physical prints that will be shipped directly from Iris Photography.
As a courtesy, the CCC Foundation alumni relations office will also mail one complimentary 4x6 photograph to the address we have on file with the registrar’s office. To ensure you receive this photograph, please make sure your current address is up to date with the registrar’s office. Please allow up to four weeks for the complimentary photograph to be processed and mailed.
You can access and view the graduation photos by following the link below. To access the photos, simply enter your email address. Please note that it may take 3-5 days after your commencement ceremony for the photos to become available.
Please contact Dr. Cheri Beda, alumni director, with any questions at email@example.com or 402-460-2157.
Degrees and Diplomas
Don’t be alarmed when you open your degree folder at graduation and find it empty. Final grades are due several days after the ceremony; thus, your final academic credit check will take place after that. You can expect your degree and/or diploma in the mail by the end of January. Please confirm that we have your correct mailing address on your WebCentral profile here: Confirm Address
Once confirmed, your degree or diploma will be entered on your transcript within five weeks of the end of the semester. You can access an unofficial transcript by going to Unofficial Transcripts. It is a good idea to save a copy of your transcript so you always have easy access in the future (e.g., for employment applications and résumés.) To request an official transcript, go to Official Transcripts. You will want to check your unofficial transcript to be sure all grades and degree information is listed before you request your official transcript to be sent.
*Please note: If you have an outstanding balance with the student accounts office, you will not have access to your transcript and your degree will not be mailed to you until all remaining bills are paid. Contact the student accounts office to take care of any outstanding balances at 402-562-1226.*
Career and Employment Services
You are also encouraged to join the CCC online job board so you can see jobs posted for CCC students and graduates by regional employers.You can create an account as a “Student” or “Alumni” member, either is fine. If you would like personal help with your job search, please be sure to make an appointment with one of our Career and Employment Services Directors.
Questions about the Ceremony?