Students & Employees
All-College Winter Commencement Checklist
Central Community College will host the all-college winter commencement ceremony on Friday, December 9, 2022, at 2 p.m. on the Hastings Campus in the Dawson building in Hastings, Neb. This ceremony honors all CCC students who are earning a diploma or degree in December.
Contact Ronda Ryan for more information
Please read these important dates, and complete the following checklist
- Right away: Please review all material in this checklist and the important graduation information that follows. Some college student groups require additional steps to ensure appropriate recognition during the ceremony.
- By Monday, Nov. 28... Please R.S.V.P. above to confirm if you will or will not attend the 2022 Winter Commencement Ceremony. Your response is required.
- By Thursday, Dec. 8... Purchase your graduation regalia at the Columbus, Grand Island, or Hastings Campus bookstore. The cost for gown (forest green), cap, and tassel is $40 plus tax.
- Friday, Dec. 9... Attend the 2022 winter commencement ceremony. The agenda for the day is as follows:
- All graduates will meet for rehearsal and to form the procession at the Hall Student Union NO LATER than 12:15 p.m. Check in begins at 12 noon.
- Arrive with your cap, gown and tassel on. Please try to bring only what you will be able to carry in your hand or pockets during the ceremony.
- Doors for the Dawson Building will open for guests and general audience at 1:15 p.m.
- The commencement ceremony begins in the Dawson Building at 2 p.m. The ceremony will last approximately one hour, ending around 3 p.m.
- All graduates, family, and friends are invited to a reception in the Hall Student Union immediately following the ceremony.
Other Important Graduation Information
Cap and Gown
Your hunter green cap, tassel, and gown can be purchased through the Follett Bookstore on the Columbus, Grand Island, or Hastings Campus. The cost is $40 plus tax. Additional tassels are $5 each plus tax. The cap, gown, and tassel can be picked up at the time of purchase. The bookstores are generally open Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. If you have additional questions, or are unable to pick up your cap, tassel, and gown, please contact Follett Bookstore at:
- Columbus: 402-562-1251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Island: 308-398-7418 or email@example.com
- Hastings: 402-461-2445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: There will be an additional fee to mail your cap, tassel, and gown to you.
For graduation accessibility needs, please contact a director of disability services:
- Columbus: Colynn Paprocki, 402-562-1240 or email@example.com
- Grand Island/Kearney: Kim Ottman, 308-398-7423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hastings: Michelle Lubken, at 402-461-2423 or email@example.com.
Each graduate is mailed five (5) invitations to distribute to your family and friends. Your guests are not required to bring these to the ceremony. If you would like additional invitations, you may contact one of the following and they will happy to provide you with additional invitations:
- Columbus: Jenny Wurdeman, 402-562-1244, student center
- Grand Island: Cristina Castillo, 308-398-7378, Room 348
- Hastings: Kimberly Milovac, 402-461-2486, Dawson building
- Kearney: Katie Holmes, 308-338-4001, front desk
Friends and family who are unable to physically attend are invited to view the commencement ceremony via live stream on the graduation page on the CCC website.
High Academic Achievement / Honor Graduate
Honor medallions will be awarded to those students earning an AAS, AA or AS degree who have attained a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or above. Eligibility is based on the student’s cumulative GPA after the summer term, prior to the current semester. Students must participate in the commencement ceremony to receive a medallion.
Phi Theta Kappa
Members in good standing may wear Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia with their caps and gowns. Please contact a Phi Theta Kappa advisor right away for more information.
- Columbus: Dee Johnson, 402-562-1418, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Island/Kearney: Ashley Weets, 308-398-7541, email@example.com
- Hastings: Julie Mullen, 402-461-2504, firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Society of Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi)
Graduates who are inducted members of the National Society of Leadership and Success are responsible for ordering their own honors stole and cords. Please be sure to place your order early to allow for delivery. Inducted members have attended and completed the following: orientation, leadership training day, three broadcasts and three success networking team meetings. If you have questions about your membership status, contact one of the advisors.
Veterans and Military Members Honors Cord
As a token of CCC’s appreciation of service and dedication, all graduating veterans and current service members will be given a red, white and blue veterans appreciation honor cord to wear with their graduation regalia. Complete the form below to register for an honor cord, email VMRC@cccneb.edu or call the VMRC at 308-398-7811 for further information.
SALUTE Honor Society
Graduates who are inducted members of the SALUTE Honor Society will be able to wear a SALUTE honors stole. Please email VMRC@cccneb.edu or call the VMRC at 308-398-7811 for more information on how to get your SALUTE honors stole.
If you are a graduating member of the SkillsUSA club, you will be able to wear a SkillsUSA honor stole. Please contact one of the following for more information on how to get your stole:
- Columbus: Landon Hunt, 402-562-1248, email@example.com
- Hastings: Reba Skalka, 402-461-2481, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iris Photography Studio will be taking pictures at the graduation ceremony as each graduate receives their degree or diploma. Photographs will be available for purchase online via digital download or to be mailed directly from Iris Photography. The CCC Foundation alumni relations office will mail one complimentary 4x6 photograph to your current address on file with the registrar’s office. Please allow up to four weeks for your complimentary photograph to be mailed and make sure your address on file is current.
Below is the link to the graduation albums. It is the same link for all campus locations, with a separate group for each. To access photos you need to enter your e-mail address. Allow 2-3 days after your commencement ceremony for photos to be available.
Please contact Dr. Cheri Beda, alumni director, with any questions at email@example.com or 402-460-2157. A link to the gallery will be provided when it is available.
Degrees and Diplomas
Don’t be alarmed when you open your degree folder at graduation and find it empty. Final grades are due several days after the ceremony; thus, your final academic credit check will take place after that. You can expect your degree and/or diploma in the mail by the end of January.
*Please note: If you have an outstanding balance with the student accounts office, you will not have access to your transcript and your degree will not be mailed to you until all remaining bills are paid. Contact the student accounts office to take care of any outstanding balances.
Career and Employment Services
You are also encouraged to join the CCC online job board so you can see jobs posted for CCC students and graduates by regional employers.You can create an account as a “Student” or “Alumni” member, either is fine. If you would like personal help with your job search, please be sure to make an appointment with one of our Career and Employment Services Directors.
Questions about the Ceremony?