Home Admissions & Aid Admissions Student Resources Current Student Checklist
Current Student Checklist
- To Do - Before Registration Begins
- To Do - When Registration Begins
- To Do - Once Classes Begin
To Do - Before Registration Begins
- Log in to your WebCentral account and check to be sure there are no outstanding bills or holds that would prevent you from registering for classes.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) annually to apply for financial aid for including Pell Grants and student loans.
- (CCC’s FAFSA code is 014468)
- Visit the CCC Financial Aid page or call them at 308-398-7555.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Complete your housing application for the Columbus or Hastings Campuses.
- Check status of your financial aid.
- Review your progress on your program of study and meet with your advisor.
- Consider your non-school commitments and determine how much time you can devote to school. You should expect at least 6 hours of homework per class per week.
- Meet with your advisor before registration opens to plan your classes.
- Find out when registration begins for current students.
- Explore all the services available to you to help you succeed at CCC.
- Explore the Student Organizations to become part of the CCC community.
- Note important dates on the College Calendar.
To Do - When Registration Begins
- Register for Courses.
- Call Phone Central for registration questions: 308-398-7412
- View/print course schedule.
- View your financial aid status.
- Complete your checklist.
- Check on status two weeks after submission for updates and to accept your financial aid award.
- If you have questions call 308-398-7555.
- Review Student Account information to pay your bill and receive direct deposits for refunds.
- Purchase required required textbooks and materials for your course.
- Find your books in student planner by clicking on the class in your timeline and then bookstore information.
- Follett Access
- Update your preferences to receive notifications from CCC’s Emergency Alert System.
To Do - Once Classes Begin
- Review your course in Canvas by logging into WebCentral and begin completing the work for each course.
- Check your CCC email daily and contact your instructors with any questions about the class.
- Access information and details for each class in Student Planner.
- Note: You are financially responsible for all registered courses. During the drop/add period, you must drop courses you do not wish to take – see the College Catalog for add/drop dates.