Get Started With Central Online
Welcome to Central Community College’s Central Online!
We are glad you have registered for online courses in the upcoming term.
The following information will help you get started.
Spring term begins January 11, 2021:
- Your courses are available in WebCentral, My Courses five days prior to the start of the term.
- To view your schedule: WebCentral, My Services, Services for Students, Academic Planning, Student Planning, Plan & Schedule.
- If you are experiencing login issues or any technical problems.
- Service Center Information: https://helpdesk.cccneb.edu
Student ID Card:
- New students receive a wallet ID card mailed to the address on record.
- If not received or a new card is needed, call Central Community College’s Registrar at 308-398-7359.
- Student ID numbers cannot be given over the phone or by email.
- Search for your textbooks at the bookstore site: www.cccneb.edu/bookstore
Billing and Payment Information:
- You will receive a notification in your Central Community College email when your bill is available. You will not receive a paper statement. You can go to www.cccneb.edu/pay and login with your WebCentral login and password to view your account balance and statement or make a payment. If you have any questions regarding your account balance or need a payment plan, contact Student Accounts, at 877-222-0780, extension 1 2 2 6 or 402-562-1226.
- If you need to drop from any/all courses, you MUST drop within the free drop date of the current term or you are responsible for all tuition and related fees. To drop a course, contact the Registrar’s Office at 877-222-0780, extension 7412 or 308-398-7412.
- If you are receiving financial aid, you can view your financial aid status at My Services, Services for Students, Financial Aid & Scholarships, My Financial Aid. Financial Aid will be applied to your account January 4th. If you have a credit balance you may charge books beginning that day. Contact the financial aid office if you have questions about your aid and/or charging books. If you have any questions regarding financial aid, call 877-222-0780, extension 2413 or 402-461-2413.
- Please Note: If you are receiving Federal or State grants or Direct Loans, you must begin each course immediately so that it does not impact your eligibility for the term!! You must submit an online assignment, test, or quiz to be eligible to receive your funding.
New Learning Management System
- Central Community College is in the process of transitioning from Moodle, our current Learning Management System (LMS), to the Canvas LMS. Some courses will be using Canvas while some are still using Moodle, so there may be a possibility, if you are taking more than one course, you may have courses in both Moodle and Canvas for the Spring 2021 term. However, by Summer 2021, all Central Community College courses will be using Canvas LMS.
- Canvas is a popular LMS for higher education institutions in Nebraska. Canvas is used by the University of Nebraska and by most community colleges in the state. Canvas has many features to help you manage your course assignments and communicate with your instructor.
- You will access your courses on Canvas by going to the My Courses tab in WebCentral and clicking on the course name link to access your course. A Moodle course will show a after the course name and if it is a Canvas course, there will be nothing after the course name.
- If you need technical assistance logging into WebCentral or have any issues with your Canvas courses, please contact the CCC Service Center: https://helpdesk.cccneb.edu
Course Material Training – Introduction to CCC and Moodle/Canvas:
- Students who are in Moodle courses are automatically enrolled in Your Guide to CCC course one week before the start of the session. Learn how to navigate the Moodle Learning Management System.
- Central Community College has an online orientation to the Canvas Learning Management System that can be accessed by going to CCC101 Canvas Training for StudentsYour Guide to CCC is located in WebCentral, My Courseslist.
- There is no charge for either of these courses and it will not appear on your transcript.
- Online Webinar Schedule: https://www.cccneb.edu/ccclms
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Central Online Team