Communication Made Easy with Your Cellphone
Aug. 19, 2023
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Grand Island: St. Mary's Social Hall, 112 S. Cedar St.
- Ord: Central Community College's Ord Learning Center, 1514 K St.
- Central City: Performing Arts Center/Edwin and Bernice Lock Theater, 1510 28th St.
$25 for one class; $30 for both classes
Learn how to use your cellphone with confidence. Bring your Apple ID, iPhone and charging cord.
- 8:30 - 9 a.m., Registration
- 9 - 10:30 a.m., Class 1: Introduction to CellPhone Usage. In this beginner-level class, participants will learn the basics. Topics will include Find My iPhone, talk to text, adding apps, password management, avoiding scams and extending battery life.
- 10:30 - 11 a.m., Refreshment break
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Class 2: Beyond Talk and Text. In this advanced-level class, participants will learn the latest technology to optimize the use of their cellphone. Topics will include parental control, screen time management, eco systems, communication with other Apple products and troubleshooting Wi-Fi.
- 1:30 - 1:30 p.m., Lunch provided
Registration and payment may be completed by contacting Margaret Williams at 308-398-7441; toll-free in Nebraska at 1-877-222-9780, ext. 7441; or firstname.lastname@example.org
These classes are brought to you by the GI Connect Association, a local professional business-to-business referral group serving the Grand Island area, along with these sponsors:
- Central Community College
- Computer Hardware
- Cornhusker Toyota Honda
- Equitable Bank
- Five Points Bank
- Gentle Dental Care
- Live Well Physical Therapy
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- Nebraska Heating & Air
- Pinnacle Bank
- Stonebrook Exterior
- 1 to 1 Technologies
Friends of GI Connect
- Awards Plus
- Bellevue University
- Bradley Law
- Nebraska Operation Life Saver
- New View Real Estate