TRiO/SSS helps participants by giving them individualized attention and coaching through academic and personal support.
The TRIO/Student Support Services (TRIO/SSS) program helps college students achieve their educational goals. We help students graduate by providing additional programs and services to ensure success. Some services available to qualified and accepted students include:
- Course selection advising
- Tuition-free college success class
- Financial education and scholarship assistance
- Transfer assistance to four-year institutions
- Textbook lending library
TRIO/SSS helps students make the transition from high school to college life.
To qualify, you must be enrolled at least three-fourths-time, demonstrate an academic need, be a U.S. citizen or national or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent is a four-year college graduate)
- Meet federal low-income guidelines.
- Be accepted into a CCC program of study leading to an associate’s or academic transfer degree.
- Be an individual with disabilities.
Complete the application below and you will be contacted during the summer if you’re chosen as a participant.
The TRIO coordinator on the campus you plan to attend will immediately begin working with you to help you succeed in college. Contact the TRIO coordinator on your campus for assistance with your questions.
TRIO/Student Support Services is funded under the U.S. Department of Education and Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.