Student Right to Know - Graduation Completion Rates

Choosing a college is a major life decision requiring prospective students to weigh information about the institutions they are planning to attend. You might wish to consider the information presented about the success of Central Community College students who graduate with a certificate/ diploma or persist towards the achievement of a degree through continuous enrollment. 

As you review this information, it is important to realize that a major emphasis for Central Community College is to assist students in obtaining an Associates of Applied Science degree, job skills, or to complete freshman and sophomore general education courses for transfer to a four-year college. 


Student Retention Rates

The percentage of full-time, first-time Degree/ Certificate-seeking students from Fall 2022 registered in Fall 2023 was 69%. 

The percentage of part-time, first-time Degree/ Certificate-seeking students from Fall 2022 registered in Fall 2023 was 53%. 

Student Completion Rates

A study was conducted, which consisted of 614 first-time, full-time students registered for the Fall 2020 semester with the intent of completing a degree by Fall 2023 or a certificate/ diploma by Summer 2022. Of these 614 students, 61% were White, 33% were Hispanic/ Latino, 4% were Black/ African-American, 1% were Asian, and 1% were American Indian or Alaskan Native. 

From this study, Central Community College found out that:

44% or 275 of those students received an academic award in the expected time frame. Of these 2745 students, 65% were White, 30% were Hispanic/ Latino, 4% were Black/ African-American, and 1% were American Indian or Alaskan Native 

30% or 188 of those students received a degree in the expected time frame. 

14% or 87 of those students were awarded a diploma or certificate in the expected time frame. 

Graduation and Placement Rates

Finally, in addition to the above student completion information, you might also wish to consider Central Community College's graduation and placement rates. 

The IPEDS Graduation Rate for (150% of time or three years) was 45% with an additional 16% of the cohort transferring-out to another institution for a total completer percentage of 61%. 

In the 2022-23 academic year CCC awarded 2,788 degrees, diplomas, and certificates including 194 academic transfer degrees to both full-time and part time students. Equally important, 87% of the students who graduated during 2021-22 academic year were employed full-time or continuing their education at CCC or some other college through Fall 2023. 

View the Graduate Outcomes Report   

View the Equity in Athletics Report