Social Media Takeover Terms and Conditions
Congratulations! You have been selected to takeover the @CCCNEB Instagram account for Central Community College.
The @CCCNEB Instagram account enables you to connect and engage with the account's followers for the day. These followers comprise your peers, prospective students and CCC alumni. It's important to keep in mind that those followers also include official college accounts, peer institutions, Raider fans—and quite possibly your neighbors, parents, and instructors.
The tone of @CCCNEB content should be consistently positive, engaging, and informative. However, we encourage you to capture your CCC experience and share your unique perspective as a student.
Before being credentialed for the account, you'll need to review the following account content guidelines. You must accept and acknowledge these terms and conditions on the student takeover form to begin your participation.
- All content distributed on behalf of the @CCCNEB account are a direct representation of CCC, as well as of yourself. Your management of the account is an opportunity to enhance others' understanding and perception of the university and build your personal brand.
- Take all necessary precautions in crafting appropriate content. All posts are monitored closely by campus representatives. Remember: screenshots are forever.
- If the meaning of your post isn’t explicitly relevant to much of the CCC community, it may be more appropriate for your personal account. Avoid content that could be taken out of context, as well as inside jokes or situational posts.
- We ask that you be mindful of posting patterns and avoid over-sharing, socially unacceptable language (ALL CAPS), and innuendo (sexual or otherwise). Additionally, you should make sure your posts do not contain grammatical or spelling errors.
- Use discretion when promoting events, issues, and yourself. Maintain an appropriate balance of both individual- and cause-related content.
- Absolutely NO mean-spirited or demeaning content, vulgarity, racial slurs, trolling, or combative or taunting language will be tolerated. This includes references to drinking, alcohol, parties, and drug use.
- Since you will only be representing the account for a limited time, we require that you refrain from offering political views, promoting partisan affiliations, or expressing opinions that could be viewed as endorsements on behalf of Central Community College.
- The @CCCNEB Instagram account is an official communication channel of Central Community College. Your access is limited to the agreed-upon time frame. Since you are not an official spokesperson for CCC, you may not post any content that could be interpreted as speaking on behalf of anyone but yourself. Any unauthorized access will be reported to student services.
The college social media team monitors and has the ability to moderate all content on this account. Content found in violation of this agreement will be deleted. Status as the takeover student may be revoked at any time.
If you have questions regarding if content is appropriate, do not post it.