What Do I Do if I Am a Victim or Witness?

Online Report 

The online report is designed to provide Central Community College students, employees, faculty, vendors, visitors or others with an online method to report specific information related to an alleged incident of discrimination, harassment (including sexual misconduct, violence and/or stalking) or retaliation.

The report can be filled out with as much or as little information as you desire and can be submitted anonymously if you choose.

If you have experienced sexual misconduct

  1. Go to a safe location as soon as you are able.
  2. Seek immediate medical attention if you are willing. Medical attention would ensure help with injuries and/or risk reduction from possible STI exposure or pregnancy.
  3. Contact any of the following for immediate assistance:
    Title IX coordinator at 308-398-7325. Regular business hours, Mondays-Fridays
    Counseling/Student Assistance Program at 1-888-381-7487. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Mondays-Fridays (confidential)
    National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673. 24 hours/seven days a week (confidential)
    National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. 24 hours/seven days a week (confidential)
    Liñea de crisis en español: 1-877-215-0167. 24 hours/seven days a week (confidential)


    Campus Security at 402-910-6665. 24 hours a day/seven days a week

    Center for Survivors' college advocate at 402-942-3653. Regular business hours, Mondays-Fridays (Confidential)
    Center for Survivors at 1-800-658-4482. 24 hours/seven days a week (Confidential)

    Grand Island

    Campus Security at 308-398-7598. 24 hours, Mondays-Fridays; 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., weekends
    Crisis Center at 308-381-0555. 24 hours/seven days a week. (confidential)


    Campus Security at 402-705-1389. 24 hours/seven days a week
    SASA Crisis Center at 877-322-7272. 24 hours/seven days a week (confidential)


    S.A.F.E. Center at 308-237-2599. 24 hours/seven days a week. (confidential)


    Parent-Child Center at 1-800-215-3040. 24 hours/seven days a week. (confidential)


    Healing Hearts and Families at 308-872-2420. 24 hours/seven  days a week. (confidential)
    Note that campus officials may contact on-call staff from other departments when their offices are closed or they are otherwise unavailable to assist immediately.
    If you are off-campus and experiencing an emergency situation, you can call local police by dialing 911. You may also call the local police department’s non-emergency line at:

    Columbus Police Department: 402-564-3201
    Grand Island Police Department: 308-385-5400
    Hastings Police Department: 402-461-2380

  4. It is important to preserve physical evidence that may include tissue and fluid samples, evidence of violence, sheets, towels, clothing, etc. You may choose to avoid washing, bathing, urinating, etc., until after being examined at the hospital. Because evidence of a sexual assault can deteriorate quickly, you may choose to seek a medical exam as soon as possible. Evidence collection should be completed within 120 hours of an assault, but fluids, hair samples and DNA can be collected for a long time thereafter. Even if you have washed, evidence can often still be obtained. After 120 hours, it may still be helpful to have medical attention even if you are not trying to obtain evidence of an assault. Sexual assault nurse examiners are trained in the collection of forensic evidence and can check for injuries or exposure to sexually transmitted diseases. If you are still wearing any clothes worn during the assault, wear them to the hospital, but bring a change of clothes as the hospital will keep the clothes you are wearing as evidence. If you have changed clothes, bring the ones you were wearing during the assault to the hospital in a clean paper (not plastic) bag or wrapped in a clean sheet. Leave sheets/towels at the scene of the assault. Police will collect them. Typically, police will be called to the hospital to take custody of the sexual assault kit, but it is up to you whether you wish to speak with them or file a criminal complaint.
  5. Choose how to proceed. You have options, and are encouraged to contact the Title IX coordinator to discuss your options: 1) Do nothing until you are ready; 2) Pursue resolution by the college; and/or 3) Initiate criminal proceedings; and/or 4) Initiate a civil process against the perpetrator. You may pursue whatever combination of options is best for you. Students and employees who wish to have an incident investigated and resolved by the college should contact the Title IX coordinator. College procedures will be explained. Those who wish incidents to be handled criminally should contact local police where the assault occurred. A campus official is available to accompany students in making such reports, if desired. Contact the Title IX coordinator for more information.