The program is designed for any person or business that:
- Offers hazardous material for transportation
- Prepares shipping papers or labeling for packages to be transported
- Selects or purchases packaging for transporting hazardous materials
- Handles finished hazmat packages
- Is involved in the transport of any hazardous materials
This course meets the training requirements "Title 49 CFR 172.704" and also fulfills the tri-annual DOT Hazmat Refresher requirement.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Hazard classes and divisions
- The Hazardous Materials Table Packaging: Marking and Labeling
- Hazmat descriptions and proper shipping names
- Shipping papers
- Emergency response information
The registration deadline is Sept. 8; however, class size is limited so early registration is encouraged to ensure a seat for the training.