Kearney Center’s Earth Day Celebration will be held on April 12 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Environmental Sustainability Office will host a Student Exhibition featuring prototypes of Nebraska State Fair projects, plarn bag crafting, and tables featuring some of our favorite community organizations from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. A tour of the center’s sustainable features will begin at 1pm and will be directly followed by an electric vehicle charging station demonstration.
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Student expo with different tables of organizations 11am-1pm
- Crafts available for students (Plarn (plastic yarn) bag making)
- 1 p.m. Electric vehicle charging station demo
- 1:30 p.m. Sustainable features tour
Grand Island Earth Day will be April 18 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Environmental Sustainability Office will host trivia and trinket-making, community organization tables, and a student exhibition featuring Nebraska State Fair project prototypes from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Afterward, students and staff are invited to join us for a showing of the documentary Manzanar Diverted at 2 p.m. in room 522.
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sustainability Partner and Student Expo
- Students and sustainability partners will showcase new prototypes for projects and information about past projects or partnering organizations.
- NRC, NSF, S4S
- Location: Hallway
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sustainable Trivia & Trinket Making
- Students and staff will have the opportunity to create baubles out of natural materials for necklaces, keychains, or bracelets.
- Location: Hallway
- 2 p.m. Documentary Showing
- Doors open at 2pm
- Location: Room 522
- INTERGENERATIONAL WOMEN FROM NATIVE AMERICAN, JAPANESE AMERICAN AND RANCHER COMMUNITIES FORM AN UNEXPECTED ALLIANCE TO DEFEND THEIR LAND AND WATER FROM LOS ANGELES
Hastings’ Earth Day Celebration will kick off with a wind turbine bike ride and tour at 9:30am on April 20th. Participants will meet at the bike racks in front of the Hall Student Union and bike their way to the wind turbine and back. From 11am-1pm, students are invited to the Mingle with Cultures event in the Hall Student Union, where we will host a make your own sustainable stuffed animal table and a showing of the documentary Manzanar Diverted in the Franzen room.
- 9:30 -11 a.m. Morning bike ride to wind turbine tour, meet at bike rack
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Mingle with Cultures in Hall Student Union
- 11:30 a.m. Showing of Documentary Manzanar Diverted in the Franzen room
- Stuff A Plush Make your own Sustainable stuffed animal
Columbus Earth day will be April 25 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and will be held in the Student Center entryway, located in the lobby/lounge area West Education Center.
We will host trivia and trinket-making tables, community organization tables, and a student exhibition featuring Nebraska State Fair project prototypes from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Afterward, students and staff are invited to join us for a mini-planting in the pollinator garden at 1 p.m., immediately followed by a compost demonstration at 2 p.m.
Students, staff and community members are also encouraged to participate in the Celebrate Spring Gardening Event later in the day. Same-day registrations and market will open at 4 p.m. and festivities will be held from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. at the Columbus Ramada. More info about the Celebrate Spring Gardening event can be found here.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Student Expo With Trivia and trinket crafting in student center entryway
- 1 p.m. Pollinator garden planting
- 2 p.m. Compost Demo
- 5 p.m. Celebrate Spring Gardening Event @ the Ramada (registration required.)
Environmental Sustainability Director