Transfer Student

If you are transferring to CCC from another college, please follow these steps:

  1. Create a CCC account
  2. Review programs offered by CCC
  3. Review CCC locations
  4. If you are undecided about a college major, visit Career Coach
  5. Complete the online application.   
  6. Have an official copy of your high school transcript sent to CCC:
    Central Community College
    Attn: Admissions
    3134 West Highway 34       
    PO Box 4903
    Grand Island, NE 68802-4903

    A high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript is required for students seeking financial aid and for students seeking acceptance into CCC health programs.

    Contact colleges and universities where you have taken college-level courses. Request that they send official copies of your transcript to CCC. These transcripts will be required if you intend to apply for financial aid, veterans benefits or graduation. 

    Central Community College 
    Attn: College Transcripts 
    3134 West Highway 34 
    PO Box 4903 
    Grand Island, NE 68802-4903

    Assessment score requirements must be met before you can register for math and English classes. CCC must have your transcript before you can register for classes that have a prerequisite. After you have applied, you may call 308-398-7412 to register for classes. 
  1. Complete a pre-enrollment assessment

    If you have already completed one of the pre-enrollment assessments, please be sure to have your scores sent to any Central Community College campus (Columbus, Grand Island, Hastings). Scores must be current (from the last three years).

    Individuals who have earned an associate or bachelor's degree may be exempt from taking a pre-enrollment assessment. To apply for this exemption, request an official transcript from the college where you earned the degree and have it sent directly to the CCC Registrar’s Office. Please note that registration in particular courses and/or programs may still require assessment testing.

    If you completed 100 college level courses in reading, writing and math while at CCC or another college, you may be exempt from testing. Contact the Assessment Office for more information (1-877-222-0780)
  2. Schedule a campus visit
  3. If you intend to apply for financial aid, complete your financial aid application. If you are using veterans education benefits, contact a campus student records director for certification.
  4. Register for classes
  5. Attend New Student Orientation prior to your first semester at Central Community College. You will receive an invitation to these sessions. You may also call the Admissions Office to sign up for orientation, or sign up online.
  1. If you intend to live in the residence halls at the Columbus or Hastings campus, complete your housing application.


Contact Admissions