Central Community College contracts with Family Resources to provide a Student Assistance Program, with assessment and counseling services oriented toward students.
All CCC students (Columbus, Grand Island, Hastings, Holdrege, Kearney and Lexington) are eligible to take advantage of this program. Counselors are available locally at these locations.
Students can contact Family Resources at 888-381-7487.
Types of counseling services available include:
- School Problems
- Stress Management
- Money Management
- Work Problems
- Communication Strategies
- Anger Management
- Eating Disorders
- Anxiety/Depression/Emotional Trauma
- Marriage/Family Issues
- Divorce/Managing Changes
- Drug/Alcohol Abuse
- Domestic Abuses
- What is an SAP?
- Who can access SAP services?
- Where are SAP counselors located?
A student assistance program is an initial assessment and referral service for students. It is intended to open the door to problem resolution assistance from a comprehensive counseling agency.
All currently enrolled CCC students are eligible to participate. Students may refer themselves or be encouraged to attend by a staff member.
- Each student receives 12 free sessions per contract year with a counselor regarding a specific issue. Cost for additional services are negotiated individually.
- A student may only need an objective listener for guidance through a difficult situation or experience.
- Sometimes a student may need more. Our counselors are trained to assess and help direct the student to the best available local resources.
Grand Island Campus
Room 203 or
Family Resources Main Office
Family Resources Office
Columbus CampusPhysical Education Center
Student Success Center