Motorcycle Rider Education
Do you want to learn to ride a motorcycle? Try the Central Community College Motorcycle Rider Education Course, which provides the beginning rider with classroom and riding instruction taught by professional coaches.
CCC will provide:
- Motorcycles: The course uses central control mounted 250cc Nighthawks with a 28-inch seat height. The motorcycles require at least 100-degree knee and hip flexion.
- Helmets, if needed. You may wear your own helmet as long as it is DOT-certified.
Each student must:
- Have a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
- Pay the $199 fee.
- Provide a parental waiver for riders between 15 and 18 years of age.
- Present the certificate of completion for the eCourse to the instructors at the beginning of the campus course.
- Wear long-sleeved garments, long pants, shoes or boots with low heels that cover the ankles, gloves and eye protection.
- Attend all sessions.
- Receive a passing score for riding and knowledge tests.
- All students must be physically and mentally capable of controlling a motorcycle.
- All students must already be able to balance a two-wheel vehicle such as a bicycle.
- If the instructors deem a rider to be a safety risk to themselves or other riders, he or she will be asked to step out of the class. There will be NO REFUND.
- Waiver of the written and riding test when applying for motorcycle endorsement
- Possible insurance rate reductions
- Improved riding skills for your own safety
- Register EARLY! Classes fill weeks in advance.
- Call to verify class space availability/pre-register.
- Your payment and registration MUST be received at least 10 days prior to class.
- You may receive a registration fee refund, less a $25 processing fee, if you cancel by the Monday immediately prior to class.
- There will be no refunds after the Monday immediately prior to class except for documented emergencies.
- A change of class date may be possible, pending availability of seats. This request must be made by the Monday immediately prior to your scheduled class.
Basic Rider Course Schedule
Classes meet from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- April 6-7 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH109
- April 13-14 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH110
- April 20-21 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH111
- May 11-12 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH112
- May 18-19 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH113
- June 1-2 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH114
- June 8-9 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH115
- June 15-16 18/NC AVOR 5151 CH116
- July 13-14 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH100
- July 27-28 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH101
- Aug. 10-11 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH102
- Aug. 17-18 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH103
- Aug. 24-25 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH104
- Sept. 21-22 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH105
- Sept. 28-29 19/NC AVOR 5151 CH106
For more information, contact the ELS Office:
Toll-free in Nebraska: 1-877-222-0780, ext. 2441