Introduction to CCC & Moodle
What is Moodle?
Moodle, Central Community College's Learning Management System (LMS), is used in all credit courses. Attending one of these 60-minute sessions will help prepare you for using the tools in Moodle that you could see while doing your course work.
What will I learn by attending a scheduled session?
- Quickmail: The Quickmail tool is Moodle’s e-mail system. You will learn to send Quickmail to your instructor and to the others in your course.
- CCC Student E-mail: Office 365 is your student e-mail at Central and you will learn how it works with the Quickmail in Moodle.
- OpenForums: Discussion boards are called Forums in Moodle. You will learn the different types of forums that instructors will use in Moodle course and how these forums work.
- Downloading, Uploading & Submitting Assignments: The assignment tool in Moodle will allow you to download, upload and submit your work to be graded. There are different ways instructors use this tool and these workshops will explain all the “how-to's”.
- Quiz Tool: The quiz tool in Moodle will house quizzes, tests, evaluations and inventory sheets. Your instructor could be using the Quiz Tool for more than quizzes.
- Gradebook: The Grades Tool will help you keep on top of your daily activity grades plus the course grade. The workshop will show you where to find out how you’re doing in your course plus a way to see all the grades from your courses with just a few clicks.
What will I need to do to attend a Session?
Simply choose the workshop that will fit your schedule or location.
- If you choose to join a webinar, make sure you have been through the “Being Prepared” information, located in the Online Webinar section. This will allow you to make sure you and your computer are ready to join when the time comes.
- If you choose a Face-to-Face workshop, try to arrive 5 – 10 minutes early to make sure you can get logged into the system.
- Please feel free to bring your own device to any session.
There is no registration for these sessions but you might want to bring your CCC Student ID card, so you will have the information you need for logging in the first time.
All sessions for summer 2020 are being held as webinars.
Getting ready to join a webinar:
- Webinars run approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
- Before the session date, go to Test a video meeting on your device. Follow the directions to test your browser.
- This test will ensure that you and your computer will be able to join the meeting.
- Login: enter your name and e-mail address.
- The password for all webinars is central click “join”
For more information about Central Community College’s Moodle Training Workshops, contact: CCC’s Service Center at 308-398-7999
Have a great semester!
Central Online Moodle Training Workshops offered by CCC’s Learning Support Staff