The Basic Rider Course (BRC) provides the rider with introductory, formal instruction about how to ride a motorcycle. This weekend course is composed of about five hours of classroom and 10 hours of range instruction. Successful completion of the course qualifies the participant for the motorcycle endorsement “M” on their operator’s license.
The class will meet Aug. 6 and Aug. 7. Topics covered:
- Risk management
- Street riding techniques
- The motorcycle environment
- Motorcycle controls and operation
- Fundamental riding skills of shifting, braking, and cornering
- MUST be at least 16 years of age, with a valid provisional operator’s permit (POP) or operator’s permit. Please note that you must be at least 18 to obtain a class “M” endorsement on your license.
- Participants are not required to have previous motorcycle riding experience but must have the ability to ride a bicycle.
- The eCourse is required by MSF and DMV and must successfully completed with a score of 80 percent or better and will take about three hours. The eCourse requires the student to have access to high-speed Internet with Adobe Flash Player. The online eCourse must be successfully completed prior to the hands-on training component. Each student must have their own unique email address.
- Valid driver’s license or learner’s permit
- Garments with long sleeves and long pants
- Shoes or boots with low heels that cover ankles
- Gloves and eye protection
- All students must be physically and mentally capable of controlling a motorcycle.
- Parental waiver for riders between 15 and 18
- Certificate of completion for eCourse (code will be mailed to you)
- Attendance at all sessions
- Passing score for riding and knowledge tests
- Participants should be prepared to ride in adverse weather conditions and dress accordingly.
- In the event the RiderCoaches deem a rider to be a safety risk to self or other riders, he or she will be asked to step out of the class. There will be NO REFUND.
CCC provides 250cc Nighthawks. These are standard motorcycle design with a center-control-mounted with a 28-inch seat height and will require at least 100-degree knee and hip flexion. DOT approved helmets are also provided.