This program is a must for any employer with confined spaces onsite or anyone who many encounter confined spaces during their normal course of employment.
OSHA Regulation number 1910.146 requires employees to be trained on the confined space entry standard as a key step in maintaining employee health and safety.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Definition and identification
- Hazard recognition
- Safety equipment
- Communication equipment
- Requirements of the program that must be met for permit entry
- Roles of entrant, attendant and supervisor
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Mode, signs, symptoms and consequences of exposure
- Evacuation requirements
- Emergency procedures and non-entry rescue methods
- Employer responsibilities
Registration deadline is Aug. 19. Class size is limited to 20 people. Register early to ensure your seat for the training.