In most facilities, the boiler is the device with the most potential for disaster making boiler operation training a key part of any facility's overall safety.
This two-day boiler operation, maintenance and safety course will meet Aug. 5 and Aug. 6 and will provide students with the practices and procedures to eliminate that potential. It will offer a great overview for maintenance technicians, multicraft tradespeople, building managers, stationary engineers, or anyone seeking to improve their boiler maintenance and operation skills.
- Boiler types and Configurations
- Fundamentals of Combustion and Heat transfer
- Burner Operation and Control
- Boiler Operation and Testing/Standard Operating Procedures
- Boiler Room Safety
- Cause and Effect Case Study
- Operation Standards
- Controls and Safety Devices for Automatically Fired Boilers
- Inspection and Maintenance of Commercial and Industrial Boilers
- Boiler and Burner Efficiency
The goal of this course is to ensure the student gains a comprehensive understanding of commercial, industrial and utility boiler systems. Boiler inspections, operating controls testing and general troubleshooting tips will all be discussed. Overall, this program is designed to help maximize safety, dependability, and efficiency, thus extending boiler life, improving boiler efficiency, saving energy costs for the employer, and establishing a culture of safe work practices among the employees.