Entry-level welders earn $12 to $15 per hour and experienced welders earn $15 to $20 per hour.
This class will cover basic blueprint reading; safety; and setting up, adjusting and welding with gas metal arc welders. It is available in English and Spanish and will meet Mondays through Thursdays, July 20 through Sept. 3. It
Individuals must pass a drug screen test before they can enroll in the program. They also must wear steel-toed shoes to class.
GAP FUNDING AVAILABLE
If you meet the following eligibility requirements, you would qualify for GAP funding to cover the total cost of the program.
- Fall below income guidelines listed.
- Be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien under the Federal Immigration or Nationality Act.
- Be a resident of Nebraska.
- Demonstrate the capacity to learn.
- Has the desire to work full time.
- Ability to complete the training program.
Individuals who successfully complete the program will receive a helmet, welding jacket, side cutter and gloves.
Preregistration is required by July 8.