Plastic plays a very key part in our everyday lives. From cellphones to sunglasses, vehicle components to medical devices, plastics is a sophisticated and diverse discipline. Through a series of workshops (Injection Molding Essentials, Systematic Molding and Decoupled Molding) offered by CCC, you can expect to learn:
- What is injection molding
- Key elements and variables involved in processing plastic
- Plastic terminology vital to effectively communicate in a molding facility
- Different kinds of plastics
- Systematic approach to molding
- Process and machine capability testing
- Hands-on machine and classroom experience
- Introduction to process development
This workshop is designed to provide students with valuable hands-on machine time to reinforce the methodologies the learned in Systematic Molding. It offers the exact same exercises at Master Molder I, but with half the practice time and none of the testing. Attendees will acquire the knowledge they need to dissect and rebuild the process, document and indicate potential improvement areas using current condition of the mold and machine. The workshop will meet June 22-24.
The registration fee includes interactive instruction, printed materials, and breaks. Lunch is on your own.
If you currently fall below the income guidelines and meet the other eligibility requirements, you will qualify to receive GAP funding to cover the total cost of the workshops.
|House Size||Income Limits|