Plastic plays a very key part in our everyday lives. From cellphones to sunglasses, vehicle components to medical devices, plastics is a sophisticated and diverse discipline. Through a series of workshops (Injection Molding Essentials, Systematic Molding and Decoupled Molding) offered by CCC, you can expect to learn:
- What is injection molding
- Key elements and variables involved in processing plastic
- Plastic terminology vital to effectively communicate in a molding facility
- Different kinds of plastics
- Systematic approach to molding
- Process and machine capability testing
- Hands-on machine and classroom experience
- Introduction to process development
Systematic Molding is a three-day foundational course for anyone who wants to develop a systematic approach to molding. Through a combination of classroom instruction and activity-driven learning, students leave with a better understanding of how to develop a machine-independent process, how to make data-driven improvements to existing processes, and how to effectively troubleshoot using scientific and systematic approaches. The workshop will meet June 8-10.
The registration fee includes interactive instruction, printed materials, and breaks. Lunch is on your own.
If you currently fall below the income guidelines and meet the other eligibility requirements, you will qualify to receive GAP funding to cover the total cost of the workshops.
|House Size||Income Limits|