This program is designed for any person or business that:
- Offers hazardous materials for transportation;
- Prepares shipping papers or labeling for packages to be transported;
- Selects of purchases packaging for transporting hazardous materials;
- Handles finished hazmat packages;
- Is involved in the transport of any hazardous materials.
This course meets the training requirements Title 49 CFR 172.704 and also fulfills the triannual DOT Hazmat Refresher requirement.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Hazard classes and functions
- The Hazardous Materials Table Packaging: Marking and Labeling
- Hazmat descriptions and proper shipping names
- Shipping papers
- Emergency Response Information
The registration deadline is Feb. 17; however, class size is limited so early registration is recommended to reserve a space.