This course will meet Feb. 24 and Feb. 25. It is is ideal for supervisors with safety and health responsibilities. Students will be introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide.
Topics of discussion will include:
- State the purpose of the OSHA Act and list the functions of OSHA
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSHA Act
- The basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance
- Guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings
- To understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program
- To know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings or structures
- Outline te general requirements for general safety standards
Registration includes course materials, lunch on the first day and a 10-Hr. OSHA General Industry card.
The registration deadline is Feb. 17. Class size is limited so register early to ensure your seat for the training.