A strong understanding of electrical fundamentals is the foundation for becoming a successful electrical maintenance technician. This seminar is a common sense guide to learning electrical principles and troubleshooting. The course is a combination of presentation and hands-on training with custom made consoles, taught from a troubleshooting perspective. The class will meet Feb. 16-18.
- Electrical terminology and units of measurement. Ohms law presentation and examples.
- Electrical safe work practices.
- Series circuit rules, troubleshooting techniques and labs.
- Parallel circuit rules, troubleshooting techniques and labs.
- Using a digital multimeters for resistance, voltage and current measurements.
- Basic wire sizing and color coding.
- Characteristics and testing of switches, fuses, transformers etc.
- Use and design of schematic drawings for wiring and troubleshooting circuits.