The workshop is designed for water/wastewater operators, plumbers and other individuals dedicated to the water industry and want to further their knowledge on backflow and cross connection-related issues.
Recertification includes classroom study and hands-on review of the backflow field. This course meets the requirements set by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services for Continuing Education Hours (CEUs).
- Grade 6: 5 hours
- Grades 1-4: 5 hours
- NDEQ Wastewater Operators will receive 5.75 CEU hours.
- 8:30-9 a.m., Registration/Welcome
- 9-10 a.m., Introduction to Devices
- 10-10:05 a.m., Break
- 10:05 a.m.-12 noon, Testing Issues/regulatory Requirements for Installation
- 12 noon-1 p.m., Lunch on your own
- 1-2 p.m., Customer Complaint-Operations and Troubleshooting
- 2-2:05 p.m., Break
- 2:05-3:10 p.m., Update on Cross Connection Control Programs