The Incident Commander System is utilized in managing response operations for all types of emergencies. This one-day session is desgined to comply with OSHA's Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response training requirements for Incident Commanders.
Who should attend? Personnel who work with or are responsible for managing hazardous materials and emergency response teams. Prior HAZWOPER training will be helpful.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Understanding the roles of the Incident Commander and the Incident Command System Team.
- How to achieve effective communcation using the ICS model.
- Incident coordination with public authorities and change of command procedures.
- Defensive/Offensive Responses
- Emergency Response Plan and specific procedures
- Decontamination procedures for personnel and equipment
- Post-emergency operations
The registration deadline is Nov. 26; however, class size is limited so early registration is encouraged to reserve a space.