Continuing Education for Dental Assistants
October 3 and 4, 2019
Enrollment is limited. Register early.
1 - 6 p.m. Lecture
8 - 9 a.m. Lecture
Participants must be at least 18 years old and provide proof of 1,500 hours of clinical dental assisting work experience. (A form will be provided upon registration.)
Participants must provide their own:
This course has been approved by the Nebraska State Board of Dental Examiners.
Includes registration, handouts, course supplies, and insurance.
Dental Assisting Program Dawson Building—Room 130
Central Community College—Hastings
For driving directions, contact Marie Desmarais Phone: 402-461-2467 Toll free in Nebraska: 877-222-0780 ext. 2467
This course is designed to provide dental assistants with the information and skills needed to perform a consistent and thorough coronal polish procedure with maximum patient comfort and without trauma to hard or soft dental tissues.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the anatomic structures of the hard and soft tissues of the orofacial complex.
- Identify and demonstrate the proper use of the instruments and materials employed in coronal polishing.
- Demonstrate current OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDCP (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) standards for infection control.
- Discuss the importance of a thorough medical history.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications, objectives, and uses of coronal polishing techniques. demonstrate correct coronal polishing techniques including patient/operator position and instrumentation.
- Perform the coronal polishing procedure on patients to acceptable clinical criteria.
Marie Desmarais, CDA, M.A.T.
Dental Assistanting Program Director
Shelly Steinkruger, CDA, B.S.
Toll free in Nebraska: 877-222-0780 ext. 2467