Central Nebraska Regenerative Ag Conference
"Building Your Soil from the Ground Up"
Soil is the foundation of your farm. Regenerative techniques allow you to build healthier soil, crops and livestock. Join us as a team of experts and practitioners share how to incorporate sustainable practices into your operation to reduce chemical inputs, increase the impact of precious water and create a better bottom line.
Tuesday, Nov. 14
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phelps County Ag Center
Cost: $25 for those who register before Nov. 6; $35 after that date
Online registration is now closed, but you can still register by calling 308-995-8133.
- 8 - 8:45 a.m. - Check-in and Light Breakfast, sponsored by ReGen Ag Lab
- 8:45 - 9 a.m. - Announcements
- 9 - 10:15 a.m. - Dr. Kris Nichols. She has traveled the world teaching farmers how maximizing soil biology regenerates the earth, enables growers to produce nutrient dense food, sequester carbon and reduce agriculture’s greenhouse gas emissions. Throughout her career, she has given over 250 invited presentations to a wide variety of audiences, authored or co-authored more than 25 peer-reviewed publications, been cited or interviewed for more than 50 magazine or newspaper articles, highlighted in five books, and has numerous videos online.
- 10:15 - 10:45 a.m. - Break/Visit Vendors
- 10:45 - 11:30 a.m. - "Grazing Cover Crops"
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Producer Panel
- 12:15 - 1 p.m. - Lunch, sponsored by Elevate Ag and EarthOptics
- 1 - 2 p.m. - Lance Gunderson, president and co-owner of Regen Ag Lab in Pleasanton. He will share his insight into the impact regenerative practices can have on productivity and bottom-line profits. He is a renowned expert on the Haney Test and PLFA test (fungal and bacterial test). His experience at reviewing over 150,000 soil health samples gives him unique insight into how soil health results relate to management in regenerative agriculture systems.
- 2 - 2:30 p.m. - Break/Visit Vendors
- 2:30 - 3:15 p.m. - “Seeding During Harvest”
- 3:15 - 4:15 p.m. - Dr. Kris Nichols
- 4:15 - 4:30 p.m. - Closing Remarks
After hours event sponsored by Practical Farmers of Iowa
Conference questions, sponsorship information and registration: 308-995-8133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early registration is encouraged. Paid registrations will be honored in the order they are received. Due to fixed costs, no refunds will be given for those unable to attend.