Admissions & Aid
Transfer Information for Northeast Community College
|01 East Benjamin Ave
Norfolk, Nebraska 68701
Campus Visit Information: Visit Northeast
Transfer Agreements and Plans of Study
Physical Therapy Assistant
Catalog: 2017 - 2018
Courses to be completed at Central Community College.
|Central Community College||Required Credits||Northeast Community College||Required Credits|
|BIOS 2250 General Anatomy and Physiology I||4||BIOS 2110 Intro to Human Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIOS 2260 General Anatomy and Physiology II||4||BIOS 2120 Intro to Human Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|BSAD 1360 Personal Financial Planning||3||ECON 1040 Personal Finance||3|
|ENGL 1010 English Composition I||3||ENGL 1010 English Composition||3|
|HLTH 1030 Basic Medical Terms||2||PTAS 1010 Medical Terminology for PTA's||1.5|
|MATH 2020 Applied Statistics||3||MATH 2030 Introduction to Statistics||3|
|PSYC 1810 Introduction to Psychology||3||PSYC 1810 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SPCH 1400 Oral Communication||3||SPCH 1010 Fundamentals of Communication||3|
- Applications for the Physical Therapy Assistant Program is available on April 1 and due October 1.
- Applicants must have a minimum core GPA of 2.5 to be eligible for the application process.
- 24 students are accepted into the program each year based on ranking system.
- Program starts in January for the spring term each year.
- General Anatomy and Physicology I must be completed or enrolled in the term the student applies to the Physical Therapy Assistant Program.
- BIOS 2250 or BIOS 2260 must be taken during the fall or spring terms.
- Not all courses are required prior to transfer to Northeast Community College
- PTA Program contact - Tere Karella, Tere@northeast.edu and 402-371-2020 ext. 7325/7326
- Summer PTA Program contact - Laura Schwanebeck , Lauras@northeast.edu and 402-844-7326
Date Revised: 3/16/15