Student Right to Know - Graduation Completion Rates

Choosing a college is a major life decision requiring prospective students to weigh information about the institutions they are planning to attend. You might wish to consider the information presented about the success of Central Community College students who graduate with a certificate/ diploma or persist towards the achievement of a degree through continuous enrollment.

As you review this information, it is important to realize that a major emphasis for Central Community College is to assist students in obtaining an Associates of Applied Science degree, job skills, or to complete freshman and sophomore general education courses for transfer to a four-year college.

Student Retention Rates

The percentage of full-time, first-time Degree/ Certificate-seeking students from Fall 2021 registered in Fall 2022 was 67%.

The percentage of part-time, first-time Degree/ Certificate-seeking students from Fall 2021 registered in Fall 2022 was 41%.

Student Completion Rates

A study was conducted, which consisted of 645 first-time, full-time students registered for the Fall 2019 semester with the intent of completing a degree by Fall 2022 or a certificate/ diploma by Summer 2021. Of these 645 students, 65% were White, 29% were Hispanic/ Latino, 4% were Black/ African-American, 1% were Asian, and 1% were American Indian or Alaskan Native.

From this study, Central Community College found out that:

43% or 274 of those students received an academic award in the expected time frame. Of these 274 students, 71% were White, 26% were Hispanic/ Latino, 2% were Black/ African-American, and 1% were Asian.

32% or 209 of those students received a degree in the expected time frame.

10% or 65 of those students were awarded a diploma or certificate in the expected time frame.

Graduation and Placement Rates

Finally, in addition to the above student completion information, you might also wish to consider Central Community College's graduation and placement rates.

The IPEDS Graduation Rate for (150% of time or three years) was 43% with an additional 13% of the cohort transferring-out to another institution for a total completer percentage of 56%.

In the 2021-22 academic year CCC awarded 2,601 degrees, diplomas, and certificates including 182 academic transfer degrees to both full-time and part time students. Equally important, 88% of the students who graduated during 2020-21 academic year were employed full-time or continuing their education at CCC or some other college through Fall 2022.

View the Graduate Outcomes Report   

View the Equity in Athletics Report