The CARE Team is available for consultation with campus community members regarding students whose behaviors are of concern because they may pose a threat to themselves or others.
Campus/Center CARE Teams
Team functions include:
- Address concerns regarding the safety and well-being of students by drawing upon professional expertise within the campus community.
- Facilitate consistent communication among all CCC staff, faculty, and offices.
- Determine referred student’s need for emotional, psychological or physical support and refer to appropriate resources.
- Assess and determine the safety of and/or the risk of harm to the campus community.
- Identify resources available both on campus and in the community and foster positive collaborative relationships with them.
- Promote our campus resources to students.
- Provide professional development and training opportunities for faculty/ staff to ensure effective response to students in distress (ex: suicide prevention).
- Promote and advocate for students’ overall mental well being.