Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Transfer Student

If you previously attended another college and plan to continue your education at Central Community College, we’re here to help. Just contact one of our admissions staff about what you want to achieve—and how CCC can help you get there. They will tell you what is involved in transfer credits to CCC including obtaining transcripts from previous colleges and determining what credits from other colleges apply toward you program with us. (A grade of “C”or better is required for us to accept a course for transfer.)

  • If you are transferring to CCC from another college, please follow these steps:

    1. Create a CCC account 
    2. Review programs offered by CCC 
    3. Review CCC locations 
    4. If you are undecided about a college major, visit Career Coach 
    5. Complete the online application  
    6. Have an official copy of your high school transcripts sent to CCC.
      Central Community College
      Attn: High School Transcripts
      3134 West Highway 34       
      P.O. Box 4903
      Grand Island, NE 68802-4903

      A high school transcript is required for students seeking financial aid and acceptance into CCC health programs

    7. Contact colleges and universities where you have taken college level courses. Request that they send official copies of your transcripts to CCC. (These transcripts will be required if you intend to apply for financial aid, veterans benefits, or for graduation).

      Central Community College
      Attn: College Transcripts
      3134 West Highway 34
      P.O. Box 4903
      Grand Island, NE 68802-4903

      Assessment scores must be met before you can register for math and English classes. CCC must have your transcript before you can register for classes that have a pre-requisite. After you have applied, you can call 308-398-7412 to register for classes. 

    8. Complete a pre-enrollment assessment (ACT, ASSET or COMPASS).

      If you have already completed one of the pre-enrollment assessments, please be sure to have your scores sent to any Central Community College campus (Grand Island, Hastings or Columbus). Scores must be current from the last three years.

      Individuals who have an earned associate or bachelor's degree may be exempt from taking a pre-enrollment assessment. To apply for this exemption, request an official transcript from the college where you earned the degree and have it sent directly to a CCC registration office. Please note that registration in particular courses and/or programs may still require assessment testing.

      If you completed 100 college level reading, writing and math while at CCC or another college, you may be exempt from testing. Contact admissions or assessment at a campus near you for clarity. 1-877-222-0780 

    9. Schedule a campus visit 
    10. Complete your Financial Aid application (if you intend to apply for financial aid). If you are using Veteran's Education Benefits, contact the campus certifying official.
    11. Complete your Housing application (if you intend to live on campus at the Columbus or Hastings Campus).
    12. Register for courses in WebCentral or register by telephone:  1-877-222-0780 and dial 9 and then 2, or call  308-398-7412
    13. Attend New Student Orientation prior to your first semester at Central Community College. You will receive an invitation to these sessions. You may also phone Admissions Office to preregister.
  • Questions?

    Contact Admissions